1. Do you think that any speech should be allowed on social media? Why or why not?
` Yes , Everyone has a freedom of speech so why not ?
2. Where is the balance between free speech and community standards?
` The balance between free speech and community standards is that they both are allowed a say.
3. In 1927, Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis advised, in his famous Whitney v. California opinion, “If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence.” What does that mean? How does it apply to this article?
` This means false things & evil are more applied in speech than enforced silence , this applies to the article because the speeches spoke of continuing violenceinstead of stopping it.
4. In Twitter’s court case, do you agree with Twitter or the French High Court? Explain.
` I agree with twitter because Twitter originally agreed to block tweets using the hashtag #unbonjuif (which translates to #agoodjew), but refused to hand over identities.
5. Many people were surprised that Facebook took so long to respond to the anti-women content, given that their Chief Operating Officer is a woman, Sheryl Sandberg. Is this fair? What difference does it make if women are in top leadership positions of companies?
` This seems fair , it doesn’t make a difference because before time men ruled all.