Aim: What is the affect of Citizen Journalism and Social Media on news?
Read Article on how social media helps breaking news.
1. What are 5 things you learned or found interesting while reading article?
` Social media is transforming the way journalists break news, without a news crew standing nearby, this death may have gone unnoticed and unrecorded, but through the power of a cell phone, the Internet and YouTube, this tragic event was captured forever, In 2010 every news platform saw audience stall or decline… except the web, also, newspaper newsrooms are 30% smaller than in 2000.
2. Come up with 2 discussion questions for class from article. (Yes/No Questions are not allowed.)
` How has the web changed everything? Do you find any sources other than the internet trustworthy? If so, what source ? If not, why ?
**Comment/Tweet About Article**
Watch Video and right down 10 facts and any questions that you have.
- Did Kayne West really go out with Taylor swift ?
- Why would Kayne West pick Taylor Swift over Beyonce ? >.<
- I never knew Barack Obama would say something like that
- Categories of news : Want to know, Need to know, What not to know
- Are social networking sites legitimate news sources ?
- Code of ethics to determine legitimate news
- Journalists show good taste
- If it’s not news, why is it on the news ?
- In 2003, more teens where able to identify the three stooges and not the three branches.
- Reality is simple, if you don’t want something to be found online, don’t put it there !