1. Describe the style of the video we saw on Thursday about the teen polyglot?
` Documentary that incorporated Interviews and visual aid,
2. What are 2 similarities and differences between this video compared to TV?
` Similarities: On the scene footage and subtitles Differences: No commercial/ads and one subject
3. If you had to create your own webisode mimicking the style of the one we saw on Thursday what would it be about and who would be your subject?
` What teens really care about , my subject would be teens and life situations.
Objective: Students will learn the differences between online video content and content we see on tv today. Students will also analyze webisode elements with aims to create their own.
Mini Lesson: Students will watch video “Are Youtubers Revolutionizing Entertainment?”
Over the past 8 years, YouTube has given birth to an increasingly sophisticated entertainment culture that operates outside of the traditional television and film ecosystem. With humble roots in charismatic and creative people simply sharing their lives, thoughts, and humor, YouTube entertainment has diversified and grown into tens of thousands of unique channels with millions of loyal fans.
1.Students will write down 7 things you found interesting or that you learned from the video.
- Anyone who watches a video can make one
- YouTube has super fast feedback content .
- People rediscovered what it meant to connect to an audience.
- An entire career can be built on YouTube.
- It feels like your talking to another person when your watching a video
- Engagement is really important !
- You get to be part of something !
2. tweet comment on video.
` I believe YouTube is a revolutionizing entertainment because it has changed the world. Especially Television ! According to Facebook, more teens would rather watch a vine video than watch television. To me if it weren’t for YouTube, a lot of people wouldn’t be able to catch the things they missed out on. Most of the time YouTube is a very great resource. I use it all the time !
Students will read article on the future of web video http://venturebeat.com/2013/12/23/9-predictions-for-online-video-in-2014/
1. Do you agree with all 9 predictions for the future of online video?
2. Which ones do you agree with most and why?
3. Which ones do you disagree with and why?