1. In what ways did the experiences of male and female slaves differ?
` The men would have done more field work and more advance things as chopping wood and plow, while the woman hoed
2. Which parts of the film do you think would have most affected a white watcher and why?
` I don’t think any parts of this film would have most affected a white watcher honestly, because I’m not while and they haven’t been through most of the struggles back people did.
3. Describe the relationship between female slaves and the wives of their masters.
` During the relationship between female slaves and the wives of their masters, slave women were forced to comply with sexual advances by their masters on a very regular basis. Consequences of resistance often came in the form of physical beatings. Most often the masters were already bound in matrimony, which caused tension and hatred between the slave and the mistress of the house.
4. Under slavery, African American men and women existed within a culture of fear. Using these sources, describe how slave owners created and used this culture of fear to control slaves.
` Slave owners created and used this culture of fear to control slaves by making examples out of those being whipped and lynching making sure they won’t run away.
5. Create your own in depth question. Share with your neighbor. Have them submit your question with their answer to the question and vice versa.
` How would you feel if you we’re a slave, would you have your own a slave ?
` How do you feel about the abuse, rape and discrimination done to black slaves ?