1. How can you break down the relationship between Filmmaker and Audience?
` The relationship between Filmmaker and Audience is that the filmmaker must make a movie that satisfies his/her audience and the audiences job is to critic them.
2. Who has the power?
` I believe the audience has more power because if a movie is made, who will see it ? who is it made for ? who will review it ?
3. Could there be one without the other?
` I believe there can’t be one without the other because without the filmmaker no one is able to see the movie and without the audience there are no ratings/comments.
Case Study :
1. Should a filmmaker inform audiences that portions of a film are documentary and others are not?
` I believe a filmmaker shouldn’t inform audiences that portions of a film are documentary and others are not because it will probably have the people wondering and give them a shock of curiousness.
2. How closely should a film that is based on a specific historical incident stick to the facts?
` I believe a film should closely be based on a specific historical incident to stick to the facts because others may want to go and look it up and have more facts and detail about the incident.
3. Should the filmmaker alert the viewer that certain characters within a historical film have been dramatized or that they are fictional composites?
` I think they shouldn’t alert the viewer that certain characters within a historical film have been dramatized or that they are fictional composites because it gives the movie a certain amount of drama and mysteriousness. It causes people to ask questions.
4. Should a filmmaker deliberately seek to be persuasive or to advocate a political position in a history-based film?
` I believe a filmmaker should deliberately seek to be persuasive in a history-based film because if people wanted to know the truth they should go research it themselves.
2. Should filmmakers be allowed to alter historical fact for a higher purpose? What about writers and editors in other media?
` I don’t think filmmakers should be allowed to alter historical fact for a higher purpose because everyone should be able to know the truth, if they can’t do it neither should writers nor editors in other media.
4. Is myth making a legitimate purpose for a filmmaker?
` I believe myth making is a legitimate purpose for a filmmaker because its grabs the reader’s attention more.