1. What is the function of the “narrator” in film and literature?
` To create a better flow of the story
2. What does the narrator do?
` The narrator tells a series of main events in the story
3. What is the difference between a narration told in 1st person and one told in 3rd person?
` The difference between a narration told in 1st person and one told in 3rd person is that in 1st person the narrator tells a series of events that happen to him/herself in 3rd person the narrator tells a series of events that happen to the characters.
Activiy: As we watch the 2 clips create a vendiagram that marks the similarities and differences.
Emperors New Groove : Fiction , First person, Animated, Entertainment
Similarities : They both used animals to tell a story
Extreme Killers : Third person, Non-fiction, Real life figures, Educational
6 Types of Documentary :
- Poetic documentaries were a sort of reaction against both the content and the rapidly crystallizing grammar of the early fiction film.
- Expository documentaries speak directly to the viewer
- Observational documentaries attempt to simply and spontaneously observe lived life with a minimum of intervention.
- Participatory documentaries believe that it is impossible for the act of film making to not influence or alter the events being filmed.
- Reflexive documentaries they draw attention to their own constructedness
- Performative documentaries stress subjective experience and emotional response to the world.