1. Google/ IMBD the film Higher Learning by John singleton.
2. Who is John Singleton and what are some of his accomplishments
` American film director, screen writer, producer of boyZ in the hood
3. What do you think this film will be about?
` I think this film will be about black struggles in society .
As you are watching the film, answer the following questions.
1. Who was your favorite character? Why?
` My favorite character is Monet because she’s a really good friend for sticking up for Christian.
2. What kind of professor does Phipps (Laurence Fishburne) seem to be like? Do you think he is a good teacher or bad teacher? What is he trying to teach Malik (Omar Epps)?
` Phipps seems like a wife professor. I think he is a good teacher and tries to teach him just because your black you don’t receive special treatment.
3. What does the title Higher Learning mean?
` An institution such as a college where you can continue your education.
4. What things other than school subjects did the students learn there?
` They learn survival skills and how it is in the real world.
5. How is sexual identity explored in this film?
` Sexual identity is explored in this film because
6. How is racial identity explored in this film?
` Racial identity is explored in this film because it teaches you that because your black doesn’t mean you get special privileges . Also , certain ethnic groups choose to stay with their pact .